The world must make deep cuts in carbon emissions this decade to limit global warming to 1.5C and reach Net Zero in time. That means corporates, public bodies and institutions must develop and implement comprehensive strategies to decarbonise emissions.
- Take an innovative and comprehensive multi-faceted approach to achieving Net Zero.
- Accelerate climate action by getting your whole organisation involved, which in turn helps drive and facilitate change.
- Build resilience and mitigate climate-related risks linked to policies, technology innovation and disruption to your supply chain.
- Create a clear vision for your Net Zero future and gain support from senior representatives in your organisation.
- Develop a structure, and establish its financing requirements, that enables you to govern your Net Zero journey effectively.
How we can help
To decarbonise, organisations need technical support. As partners, we can help you create strategies and roadmaps that ultimately integrate with your operational strategy. Our sector experts match their analytical capabilities in footprinting, climate risk and opportunity assessment to the nature and scale of innovation you need.
Specific areas where we offer expertise include:
Corporates and financial institutions
We help you make the right long-term decision that will have a material impact on your business, including:
- Taking a whole business model approach to defining decarbonisation opportunities.
- Developing and adopting lower carbon product and service designs.
- Assessing decarbonisation scenarios and identifying ambitious but realistic solutions and pathways for your business.
- Engaging with your suppliers and partners to develop roadmaps for decarbonising your value chain.
- Helping you identify and assess opportunities to enable climate impact as well as emission avoidance and abatement beyond your value chain.
Cities and regions
We support cities, regions and public bodies to design impactful decarbonisation strategies, whether that’s for their own organisation or for a city- or area-wide approach in partnership between local government and other local stakeholders. These strategies typically include:
- Setting out the context for action, e.g., considering the organisation’s role, its drivers, the Net Zero planning process as well as wider policies and strategies.
- Presenting your carbon footprint in an easily digestible way, illustrating emission hotspots and transparent plans for improvement.
- Clearly laying out your vision for Net Zero – whether at an organisational or area-wide level – with quantified targets and carbon budgets.
- Creating carbon reduction pathway models to outline the scale and pace of interventions needed, e.g., address-level whole energy system modelling, quantifying the associated costs and environmental, social, and economic impacts.
- Developing carbon offsetting strategies.
- Building tailored delivery models that focus on governance structures, resourcing, financing, monitoring and reporting, and embedding Net Zero across your organisation and/or local area.
- Outlining your pipeline of initiatives, tailored to your organisational structure and needs and local infrastructure, as well as wider opportunities and their associated benefits.
- Designing and implementing effective stakeholder engagement strategies, e.g., with internal teams, external businesses and communities, that will inform your decarbonisation strategy and secure internal and external support.
- Outlining the next steps to establish detailed action plans and their feasibility, highlighting key considerations and offering advice on how you can sustain momentum and achieve Net Zero.