Late compliance - ESOS Phase 2
The Phase 2 compliance deadline was 5 December 2019. Missed the deadline? We can still help your organisation achieve compliance as soon as possible. We’ll also go further to identify more efficiencies and prepare you for future regulations.
What is ESOS?
The Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) is a mandatory energy assessment scheme, introduced by the UK government to make sure large enterprises in the UK are energy efficient. Under the scheme, large organisations are required to assess their energy usage every 4 years and to find new ways to save energy.
Does ESOS impact my organisation?
Your company or organisation must comply with ESOS if:
- You have over 250 members of staff, or
- A turnover of over 50 million Euros (£44.1m) or an annual balance sheet of over 43 million Euros (£37.9m)
- You are an overseas organisation with over 250 employees in the UK
- Your company is part of a larger organisation, which falls into any of the above
How we can help
Compiling and submitting your energy audit is a complicated process. We've already helped over 200 organisations complete assessments and go beyond ESOS compliance.
In addition to helping you run an efficient and effective energy audit, we can support you in implementing these changes across your organisation, increasing both energy efficiency and cost savings.
Our approach is always tailored to your unique needs, and can include the following:
- Gathering data through an online survey
- Half-day workshop
- Review to determine if you are ready for an audit
- Organisational footprint - including a compliance template and analysis of current footprint
- ESOS audit strategy - includes a compliance plan, detailed budget, and is carried out by a Lead Energy Assessor
Whatever stage your operations are at, we can assist you.
About the ESOS Scheme
The ESOS scheme is managed by the Environment Agency in England, the Northern Ireland Environment Agency, the Scottish Environment Protection Agency, and Natural Resources Wales.