We have limited time to rapidly reshape our energy system and economies. Collectively, we need to explore alternative ways to tackle parts of the challenge, identify and develop solutions, for example, by applying design thinking and open innovation approaches.
We aim to
- collaborate with external partners and colleagues to create novel, compelling solutions
- seek out new perspectives that extend our understanding and challenge existing ideas
- try things out as a way to learn and make progress quickly
- take calculated risks on new opportunities, even if they are unlike what we’ve done before
- take advantage of Carbon Trust strengths, especially our know-how, relationships and brand
- follow through to build and grow successful initiatives, despite inevitable setbacks
One of our successes is the Low Carbon Workplace concept, where we have teamed up with Columbia Threadneedle and Stanhope to create a property fund delivering super-efficient, carbon neutral, and profitable office investments in the UK.
We have teamed up with Design Thinkers Academy London on an online Bootcamp for responsible innovators and change agents. Participants will learn to apply design thinking to a specific climate challenge. This is an opportunity to develop breakthrough ideas, relevant skills, and explore ways to apply open innovation to targeted climate challenges.
Work with us
If you want to work with us as a partner, please get in touch.