The Carbon Trust held its 2013 annual debate on Wednesday 27th November at 30 Euston Square, London. Chaired by Stephanie McGovern of the BBC, the panel was composed of:
- Emma Howard Boyd, Jupiter Asset Management
- Jason Reakes, BMW Group UK
- Peter White, World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- Tom Delay, The Carbon Trust
The debate addressed the role of business in creating a sustainable, low carbon economy, with the wide-ranging discussion encompassing major issues such as:
- the role of investors and consumers in changing company behaviour
- the evolution and revolution of product design
- whether legislation is required for transformative change
- using different language, including aspiration and resilience
- the impacts of innovation and urbanisation
- creating new methods for valuation, looking beyond short-term financial gain.
Around 200 attended the debate, from business, government, NGOs and academia.