The Carbon Trust is today announcing a new international advisory panel. This panel brings together a number of top experts in various fields from around the world to provide advice and up to date information on the global low carbon economy to help guide the company in its future development.
Because of the broad variety of work undertaken by the Carbon Trust the panel includes senior representation from the worlds of government, international institutions, business, finance, science and NGOs. Members will be called on to help steer the business in its mission to accelerate the move to a sustainable, low carbon economy. The panel will be chaired by the former Deputy Chair of the Carbon Trust board, Ian Stephenson, and additional members will be added over the coming months.
The membership of the panel also reflects the increased levels of international work currently being undertaken by the Carbon Trust, particularly in Latin America and Asia. One of the members, Mr Wang Xiaokang, is Chairman of the China Energy Conservation and Environmental Protection Group (CECEP), a state-sponsored corporation with over 330 subsidiaries and affiliates with over 40,000 employees in China and abroad. CECEP has responsibility for energy efficiency, emissions reduction, clean technology and renewable energy in China. Another member, Dr Francisco Barnés is the Director General of the National Institute of Ecology and Climate Change (INECC), responsible for scientific advice on sustainability development and environmental policy in Mexico.
We are delighted to have assembled a panel filled with such a wealth of knowledge and experience from around the world. The fact that so many eminent individuals have agreed to work with us is a testament to the importance of our mission, and it shows that a collaborative approach will be key to creating a low carbon, sustainable economy.
- Tom Delay, Chief Executive of the Carbon Trust
Members of the Carbon Trust Advisory Panel
- Salman Amin - Chief Operating Officer, S.C. Johnson North America
- Dr Francisco Barnés - Director General, National Institute of Ecology and Climate Change, Mexico
- Neil Bentley - Deputy Director General and Chief Operating Officer, CBI
- Pelham Hawker - former Executive Director, Johnson Matthey
- Peter Hobson - Senior Banker, European Bank for Reconstruction & Development
- Emma Howard Boyd - Director of Sustainable Investment and Governance, Jupiter Asset Management
- David Nussbaum - Chief Executive, WWF-UK
- Nina Shapiro - formerly Vice President Finance and Treasurer, International Finance Corporation
- Professor Jim Skea OBE FRSA - Research Councils UK Energy Strategy Fellow and Professor of Sustainable Energy, Imperial College
- Ian Stephenson OBE - former Deputy Chair, Carbon Trust Board
- Mr Wang Xiaokang - Chairman, China Energy Conservation and Environmental Protection Group (CECEP)
About the Carbon Trust
The Carbon Trust is an independent company with a mission to accelerate the move to a low carbon economy. The Carbon Trust:
- advises businesses, governments and the public sector on opportunities in a sustainable, low carbon world.
- measures and certifies the environmental footprint of organisations, products and services.
- helps develop and deploy low carbon technologies and solutions, from energy efficiency to renewable power.
For further information please contact the Carbon Trust press office on 020 7170 7050 or email@example.com.