The need for businesses to understand how they can take the right action now and progress with climate transition plans becomes ever more critical if we are to address the urgent and complex issues of climate change.
We know climate change poses significant risks for businesses including physical risks such as damage to infrastructure and supply chains, as well as transition risks including shifts in regulation and consumer preferences.
Setting business on the right path will require a deep understanding of these risks, but also the ability to capture the opportunities that a transition to a decarbonised economy presents - staying competitive, protecting long-term viability, and contributing to the broader societal effort to mitigate the impacts of climate change. Setting Net Zero targets, renewable energy, energy and resource efficiency and investing in more sustainable technologies and practises are a few examples of what is required to help us reach where we need to get to at the pace and scale necessary.
The Carbon Trust’s Accelerate to Net Zero Business Summit 2023 will be taking place in person in central London. The programme has been designed to bring together voices from across business, policy and climate science, sharing the latest insights, first-hand experience and expert panel discussions on the opportunities that a transition to a decarbonised economy presents.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Sean Kidney, CEO, Climate Bonds Initiative (CBI)
- Professor Emily Shuckburgh, Director, Cambridge Zero
- Danielle Mulder, Group Director of Sustainability, BBC
- Tuze Mekik, Group Head of Sustainability, Dr. Martens
- Ian Heasman, Director of Sustainability, Taylor Wimpey
- Edward Vaughan Dixon, Head of Responsible Investment, Aviva Investors
- Louise Harry, Director of Sustainability and EHS, Siemens PLC
- Tanya Gihr, Managing Director, Head of ESG Advisory, Barclays
Attendees will also have the opportunity to choose from a selection of deep-dive workshop sessions on a range of topics to help deepen understanding on how to act now, followed by a drinks reception to network with other sustainability decision makers looking to align with Net Zero.
Workshop topics include:
- Net Zero target setting: how to start your journey and communicate your progress
- Beyond disclosure: navigating climate-related risk and opportunities reporting frameworks and unlocking their strategic potential
- Unlocking Net Zero: the role of carbon footprinting software and digitalisation
- Scope 3 emissions: using data to inform business decisions and engage suppliers
- Third-party assurance: how to verify claims and communicate with confidence
- Innovating to Net Zero: how innovation can drive corporate sustainability and resilience
Learn from climate leaders on how businesses can take the right action now.
Please note this event is exclusively for senior sustainability roles in large businesses and Carbon Trust invited guests. To request an invitation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.