The Department of Business Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) is funding two programmes to support industrial decarbonisation efforts:
- The Industrial Energy Efficiency Accelerator (IEEA) is an R&D fund that provides industrial-scale demonstrations of near-to-market technologies (TRL 5-8) that can achieve significant energy and/or resource efficiencies. Phase 4 of the IEEA, is now open for applications until the 19 September 2022.
- The Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) is a capital investment fund that provides capital for the permanent deployment of mature industrial energy efficiency and decarbonisation technologies (TRL 8-9) on industrial sites in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The Summer 2022 window is now open for applications until the 9th September 2022.
This event is a unique opportunity to interact with forward-thinking industrial companies, innovators and technology suppliers to understand the pressing challenges industry faces to decarbonise and discover opportunities to partner up and apply for support from the IEEA and IETF programmes.
By joining this event, you will:
- Discover more about innovative and proven energy and resource efficiency technologies supported via IEEA and IETF with the potential to cut industry’s energy bills and carbon emissions.
- Understand the challenges industrial companies face when tackling their emissions and the types of innovations they need.
- Meet technology suppliers and/or industrial companies face to face who interested in partnering through the IEEA or IETF funds to demonstrate and deploy technologies in operational environments.
- Hear from BEIS senior officials on how the IEEA and IETF fit in with other funding programmes and the UK industrial decarbonisation strategy.
- Hear from previous IEEA & IETF participants on their experience as part of the programme.
Who should attend?
- Developers of energy efficient, resource efficient and decarbonisation technologies for industry.
- Industrial companies from all manufacturing sectors including metals, mining, quarrying, mineral products, chemicals, food & drink, glass, plastics, material recycling sector, engineering, data centres and more.
- Research organisations, universities, consultants involved with the deployment of efficient technologies for industry.
To find out more about the IEEA Phase 4 competition you can view the guidance at the link below
To find out more about the IETF Phase 2 Summer 2022 competitions you can view the guidance at the link below
Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) Phase 2: Summer 2022 - how to apply - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)