Calling for entries from companies and consortia interested to undertake a study with the aim of developing a greater understanding of the different technology options surrounding major component exchange, specifically self-hoisting cranes or climbing cranes.
The Floating Wind JIP would like to:
- Carry out a market review of self-hoisting and climbing crane concepts.
- Undertake a technology, risk, and cost assessment of up to six selected concepts and review their respective potential in context to full operation within floating offshore wind farm (the selection of these six concepts will supported by the floating wind JIP partners).
- Provide recommendations based on respective findings regarding the concepts selected, including barriers for successful implementation.
- Outline the key technology barriers and propose potential solutions to overcome.
- Suggest next steps to commercial deployment, which may include demonstration of concepts within the commercial and operational environment. Outline the turbine design implications through engagement of OEMs.
The deadline for clarification questions has passed. Answers to questions received are available to download below.
The closing date to receive tender submissions is 08 September 2021 12:00 BST.
All clarification questions and tender submissions should be sent electronically, by their respective deadlines, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with email@example.com in copy.
About the Floating Wind Joint Industry Project