The recent IPCC report has been branded "code red for humanity" and warns of reaching 1.5°C by 2040 in all scenarios. This can occur earlier if emissions are not slashed in the next few years - adding to the growing pressure for Asian companies to act on climate change now
While many Asian companies recognise the urgency of corporate climate action, investors too often struggle with the lack of comparable data disclosed by companies and tracked by research providers, which hampers the integration of sustainability data into investment decisions.
With reference to the AIIB-Amundi Climate Change Investment Framework launched in 2020, we will introduce how the Framework can be applied to analysing companies future climate potential - ahead of the full report due in early 2022.
This event aims to:
- Showcase initial observations from corporate engagements featured in our research case studies and inspire better climate-related disclosure to investors
- Discuss common characteristics of companies who are successfully turning ambition into action with live best practice examples
- Facilitate knowledge exchange among corporates on innovative practices to address climate risks and opportunities
- Promote collaboration opportunities to scale-up suitable solutions aimed at climate mitigation, adaptation and transition
- Guide participants through the practicality of applying the Framework to companies and share outstanding challenges
Who should attend?
Corporate representatives from the Energy, Telecommunications, Transport, Utilities, Healthcare, Automotive, Basic Industries, Technology & Electronics sectors.