The Carbon Trust Corporate Sustainability Summit is our annual conference for businesses, looking this year at the role corporates can play in delivering a net zero recovery.
At this time of crisis, with huge global economic challenges and accelerating climate change, businesses have a major role to play in delivering a recovery that is both good for growth and the climate.
Key to this will be the corporate sector's ability to set and achieve ambitious net zero targets.
The case for a net zero recovery is strong and the timing is right.
This summit will explore the corporate role in building back better. The agenda will deliver a high-level plenary of powerful keynotes, inspiring case studies and international expert panel discussions on managing climate risk, identifying opportunities and the elements that underpin true climate leadership.
Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Mark Evans, chief executive officer, O2 (Telefónica UK)
- Lei Zhang, founder and CEO, Envision Group
- Steve Martineau, UNFCCC COP26 climate champions lead for mobile and ICT
- Dr Marcia Balisciano, chair of the UN Global Compact Network UK and head of corporate responsibility, RELX
- Charles Brand, president of Tetra Pak Europe & Central Asia Region, Tetra Pak
- Uffe Kaare Rasmussen, senior director of compliance and sustainability, Lundbeck
- Baroness Brown of Cambridge, deputy chair of the Committee on Climate Change and chair of the Carbon Trust
Confirmed panellists include:
- Sir Roger Gifford, chair, Green Finance Institute
- Neo Gim Huay, managing director, sustainability, Temasek
- Dr Ma Jun, chairman, Green Finance Committee, China Society for Finance and Banking
- Anna Sweeney, executive director, Bank of England
Ingrid Reumert, VP, global communications, sustainability and public affairs, VELUX
- Karen Basiye, head of sustainable business and social impact, Safaricom
- Anna Hamnö Wickman, group head of sustainability, Bonava
- Vincent Saisó Alva, director of sustainability, CEMEX
- Shirley Rodrigues, Deputy Mayor for Environment and Energy, London
- Her Majesty's Ambassador, H.E. Ms Judith Gough, British Ambassador to Sweden, Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office
- Raimondo Orsini, director, Sustainable Development Foundation
- Alastair Mant, head of business transformation, UK Green Building Council
- James Beard, senior campaign manager - EV100, The Climate Group
For attendees, we hope the day will provide an opportunity to assess your own organisation's trajectory and inspire you further in the race to zero.
About the Summit
We have made the decision to move our Corporate Sustainability Summit from a hybrid event to a fully virtual format this year in consideration of the health and safety of our guests, colleagues and event partners.
We are excited to be able to deliver our incredible line up of speakers to a global audience across multiple time zones through an interactive online platform. The Carbon Trust will be hosting live from London with speakers joining throughout the day both in person and virtually, depending on their ability to travel.
International attendees are encouraged to register and join us live on the virtual platform for part of the event. A recording will be available for any sessions that were missed due to time differences.
About the Carbon Trust
The Carbon Trust is helping to drive corporate sustainability across the world, partnering with businesses to help them set science-based targets, reduce climate impact and transition to a low carbon economy.
Please note this event is for Carbon Trust clients and invited guests only. We reserve the right to decline registration requests to provide a suitable audience.