A carbon reduction target establishes a framework for climate action and allows your organisation to report quantified progress towards reducing your emissions and meeting your goals. We follow standardised methodologies to provide structure and credibility to your carbon reduction targets, so you can communicate your climate ambition and advance your action.
- Credibility and reputation. Following a robust target setting approach is a prerequisite for leading climate action.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders. Create 'buy-in’ with your stakeholders, so your organisation can achieve its targets.
- Drive innovation and improve financial standing. Quantified pathways to emissions reduction will drive innovation and shape your long-term organisational strategy.
- Build resilience against market turbulence and regulation. Reducing emissions in line with robust targets reduces exposure to future carbon emissions-related risks and regulation, including energy price shocks.
How we can help
Our team of independent experts will help your organisation set robust carbon reduction targets in line with the latest climate science, meeting organisational needs and raising the ambition to align with Net Zero.
Specific areas where we offer expertise include:
We help you meet the requirements of the Science Based Target Initiative (SBTi) and tailor our approach to meet your specific business needs. We have helped more than 200 companies, across sectors including food and drink, transport, retail, utilities, manufacturing, finance, and real estate, set science-based targets and are members of the Technical Advisory Group of the SBTi.
Our experts will guide you through the process, including:
- Engaging with stakeholders to ensure buy-in across the organisation.
- Completing Scope 1, 2 and 3 carbon footprints.
- Advising on the requirements of Net Zero targets.
- Modelling carbon reduction targets across Scope 1, 2 and 3, using methodologies such as the Sectoral Decarbonisation Approach or the Absolute Contraction Approach for near- and long-term targets.
- Developing an implementation plan to assess target feasibility for Scope 1, 2 and 3.
- Supporting you with your target submission to the SBTi.