- Flexibility services can access finance, but the challenge is accessing finance at the scale and low cost required to meet deployment need. This requires a better understanding of how investments which include flexibility can be structured and how public sector investment can be used to leverage private finance.
- Whilst flexibility markets are expanding, it is recognised by government and industry that several actions are needed to create long-term price signals for flexibility, fully account for carbon emissions from small scale flexibility assets, and improve access to flexibility markets
- Continued communication between industry, government and the finance sector will be crucial in unlocking finance
- Flexibility in Great Britain
- Net Zero energy transition week
- Briefing: Flexibile energy systems
- Impact report on UK government green financing programme
Watch our report launch webinar to hear from thought leaders and key industry players from Bryt Energy, the Carbon Trust, Lloyds Bank, SSEN and the UK Infrastructure Bank (UKIB) who outline the next steps energy and finance sector representatives can take to capture this opportunity in the UK.