1. Carbon footprint calculations and certification
- We have worked together to certify Tetra Pak’s online carbon footprint calculator and certified it as capable of generating 'cradle-to-gate' carbon footprints in compliance with the following international standards - PAS 2050, ISO 14044 and ISO 14067.
- We have certified the ‘cradle-to-grave’ carbon footprint of Tetra Pak’s new plant-based packaging that is made out of sugar cane.
- We have certified the carbon footprint reductions achieved by comparing the cradle-to-grave footprint of standard Tetra Pak packaging vs the footprint of the new plant-based Tetra Pak packages.
- We have certified the carbon footprint of Tetra Pak’s Tetra Rex® Plant-based packages and certified this packaging as carbon neutral in compliance with the internationally recognised PAS2060 standard.
2. Carbon footprint labelling
- We have licensed the use of our ‘Reducing CO2 Packaging’ label on Tetra Pak’s plant-based packaging that is made from sugar cane. This packaging has a smaller carbon footprint than Tetra Pak’s standard packaging.
- We have licensed the use of our ‘Carbon Neutral Packaging’ label on Tetra Pak’s Tetra Rex® Plant-based packages (which are made solely from a combination of plastics derived from sugar cane and paperboard).