The Carbon Trust along with the IChemE Energy Centre, Grantham Institute, Danish Society of Engineers, Future Climate Engineering Solutions and Global CCS Institute held an official side event at COP21 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris, on 10 December 2015.
The event looked at the role of technology in climate mitigation and focussed on investment, costs, planning, collaboration and policy frameworks around renewable energy generation, energy storage, energy efficiency and CCS (carbon capture and storage).
Several leading thinkers delivered their thoughts on 'Technology solutions for a 2 degrees world'. The speakers in order were:
- Chair of the session - Professor Martin Siegert, Grantham Institute, Imperial College London
- Keynote - Philippe Benoit, International Energy Agency
- Ajah Ghambhir, Grantham Institute, Imperial College London
- Beatriz Fernandez Hernandez, Future Climate Engineering Solutions
- Professor Stefaan Simons, IChemE Energy Centre
- John Scowcroft, Global CCS Institute
- Professor Brian Vad Mathieson, Danish Society of Engineers
- Tom Jennings, The Carbon Trust
View the video of the event below:
View the presentation slides from the event: http://bit.ly/COP21-official-side-event