Call for proposals from companies and consortia interested in undertaking a study to understand the practical capabilities and physical implications of designing and operating grid forming offshore wind farms.
The main objectives of this work are to establish the key points below.
- Understand the principles of operation, applications, benefits, and drawbacks of mature and well-established grid forming technologies.
- Identify any gaps or inconsistencies and opportunities for improvement in the grid codes and standards.
- Learn from the experiences of different markets in terms of the implementation of grid forming technologies and their respective grid codes and standards.
- Prove capability of varying grid forming equipment combinations to effectively sustain a stable supply to the onshore grid under specified conditions.
- Develop a set of standardised guidelines and processes for the development of grid forming offshore wind farms including the industrial design steps required and route to commercial readiness.
Clarification questions were received by 30 August 2023, and the answers to these questions are posted below.
The closing date to receive tender submissions is 5 October 2023, 17:00 BST.
All clarification questions and tender submissions should be sent electronically, by their respective deadlines, to Daniel Yates at email@example.com and Ciara Ritson-Courtney at firstname.lastname@example.org.