Date and time: Thursday 28th May 2020, 15.30 - 16.30 SGT
In light of the growing awareness around green bonds, Carbon Trust Singapore will present energy efficiency projects focused on buildings and transport, and the benefits of issuing green bonds for this purpose. Joined by guest speakers, we will also examine ways to lower the barriers to issuing green bonds for energy efficiency projects in Southeast Asia, taking into account the unique characteristics of this market.
In this webinar, experts will explore:
- What are the benefits of issuing a green bond for energy efficiency projects (e.g. buildings and transport)?
- Given Southeast Asia's unique characteristics, what are the qualities of energy efficiency projects which green bond investors consider?
- How can we lower the barriers to issuing green bonds for energy efficiency projects?
- What are some energy efficiency projects in different ASEAN markets which would benefit from more green bonds issuances?
Confirmed speakers include:
- Ms. Aileen Ruiz-Zarate, Senior Investment Officer - Financial Institutions Group, IFC
- Ms. Dwi Irianti Hadiningdyah, Director of Islamic Financing, Ministry of Finance, The Republic of Indonesia
- Mr. Nick Harris, Senior Manager of Green Finance, Carbon Trust
Moderator: Ms. Lau Xin Yi, Green Finance Lead, South East Asia, Carbon Trust Singapore
Please note this webinar is suitable for corporate or financial organisations only. We reserve the right to decline unsuitable registrations to ensure an appropriate audience.