Many organisations are now voluntarily measuring and reporting their emissions, waste arisings and resource consumption as a part of their sustainability strategy and action plan to minimise environmental impacts.
Assurance of these statements helps organisations demonstrate they have complied with the appropriate reporting guidance and that the data presented is accurate and verified by a trusted, independent third-party.
Carbon Trust assurance provides credibility to any organisation measuring or reporting their environmental impacts.
Confidence and credibility
- You have complete confidence in your environmental data, having been checked and approved by the Carbon Trust
- Accurate data ensures that your impacts can be managed effectively by ensuring you are making decisions based on correctly reported data
- Assuring your environmental data provides a clear lens for financial assessments and a means to identify potential cost reductions
Testing of internal systems
- Assurance effectively tests your internal mechanisms to ensure you are monitoring, quantifying and reporting your environmental data accurately
Avoiding being labelled as ‘greenwash’
- Independent verification avoids the risk of your data being seen as unreliable
Our approach to assurance is designed to add value to your environmental data and publicly reported numbers by providing robust auditing with independent insight and constructive feedback.
We undertake independent audits by applying an appropriate internationally recognised audit standard, such as ISO14064:3 or ISAE 3000
Our expert auditors will help you understand the risks involved in your reporting process and in the management and disclosure of information.
With a combination of desk based reviews, interviews with key personnel and site visits, we provide an independent verification service that adds value and delivers a statement for internal and/or public use.
Why the Carbon Trust
The Carbon Trust is a mission driven, not-for-dividend organisation and is widely respected as an independent assurance partner with a trusted and well-recognised brand.
Our technical auditors are first-class in their field and have extensive experience in the provision of assurance, verification and certification services.
We led the way in the development and implementation of organisational and full-lifecycle product carbon footprinting and are recognised as a world leader in the calculation and measurement of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
Commercially astute, our account managers and technical auditors can help you identify and capture the cost saving and business improvement opportunities, and to align your sustainability strategy with your organisation’s goals.
Our clients are spread across the world and we have worked extensively in the UK, Europe, USA, Latin America, Asia and Australasia.
We are committed to:
- Delivering excellent, professional customer service while maintaining impartiality
- Fair presentation of findings and transparency throughout the process
- Continual improvement through customer feedback.
Get in touch
Contact us to find out how our assurance and certification services can help you.