Call for entries from companies and consortia interested to undertake a study looking to improve the understanding of floating wind yield, compared to seabed fixed, with a further aim of updating the leading software to enable accurate prediction of floating wind yield:
This project is one of four scoping studies being tendered by the Floating Wind JIP:
- Floating Wind Access & Availability
- Floating Wind Yield
- Assessment of Wind Turbine Generators for Floating Wind Farms
- Numerical Modelling Guidelines & Standards for Floating Wind
The Floating Wind JIP would like to improve the understanding of floating wind yield and sensitivities of drivers for wake loss, compared to seabed fixed, with a further aim of updating the leading software and measurement campaign strategy to enable accurate prediction of floating wind yield.
The main objectives of this work are:
- Quantifying wake loss and associated uncertainties, as well as their sensitivities to key inputs.
- Production of estimated yield (AEP) of turbines installed on floating platforms.
- Understanding of the controller optimisation and trade-off against dampening.
- Determine yield impacts for different floating foundation motions, and hence floating substructure types.
For further details, please see the relevant documents below:
The closing date to receive tender submissions has been extended to 12:00 GMT 03 April 2020.
All clarification questions and tender submissions should be sent electronically, by their respective deadlines, to email@example.com.