We provide a range of guides introducing you to the issues associated with heating and providing advice on how to combat heat loss and save energy.
Heating and hot water can account for up to 60% of your total energy use. By incorporating efficient heating systems and operating and maintaining them correctly your organisation's heating bills could come down by 30%.
Our Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) page includes a range of energy efficiency guides showing how your organisation can reduce heating energy use by introducing simple heat-saving actions into your workplace.
This includes downloadable guidance on:
- Improving the insulation and air-tightness of your building to increase heating efficiency
- Replacing old boilers with energy-efficient models to save energy and money
- Installing destratification fans - buildings that use warm air heaters could reduce energy use by 20% by installing destratification fans that blow warm air to ground level where it is most needed.
- Energy efficient heating controls and air-conditioning technology guidance.
- Heat recovery and industrial heat recovery equipment.
You can also download our range of 'How to' guides on the Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) page for advice on implementation of measures to improve heating energy efficiency.
Download our Heating employee awareness poster or order Carbon Trust Thermometers to help engage staff in energy saving.
Energy efficient heating - further support
If you'd like us to work with you to improve your heating systems, or to find out about our paid-for services, visit our Client services page. This includes financing for organisations seeking to improve energy efficiency or upgrade to low carbon heating solutions, for more details visit our Implementation & finance page.
If your organisation is based in Wales or Northern Ireland, visit our regional pages to get details of our UK government-funded support.