This webinar will focus on the importance of science-based targets, benefits and key considerations, and will provide insights from case studies for companies in Africa.
Fri, 02 Feb 2018
11am to 12 noon CAT / 9am to 10am GMT
To date, over 300 corporates from around the world have signed up to the Science Based Targets initiative, committing to set targets on greenhouse gas emissions that are in line with what the science says is necessary to limit global warming to no more than 2 degrees Celsius.
The Carbon Trust has world-leading experience supporting global businesses across multiple sectors with the cost-effective measurement of carbon emissions in their operations, supply chain and wider value chain.
We use this information to help corporates set robust and achievable targets, which deliver environmental improvements and long-term cost savings.
This webinar will be delivered by our experts, drawing on experience of client projects and serving on the Technical Advisory Group for the Science Based Targets initiative. This will cover topics including:
• What are science-based targets and why they are important?
• The business benefits of measuring carbon emissions and target-setting
• Key factors to consider when setting a science-based target
• An overview of the sectoral decarbonisation approach methodology
• Insights from client case studies
• How are science-based targets conceptualised in the South African context?
Please note, this webinar is for Carbon Trust clients and end-users only. The Carbon Trust reserves the right to decline registrations wherever necessary to ensure an appropriate audience for this event.