Around 60% of office heat is lost through the building fabric.
Our Building fabric
(CTV014 / CTV069) guide details how low-cost improvements
can dramatically reduce this loss. In particular we look at:
- Cavity wall and roof insulation.
- Windows and glazing, including the benefits of double glazing,
low-emissivity glass and integrated blinds.
- Air infiltration and the importance of replacing broken seals
and improving draught proofing.
Our report into Building control (CTV032) examines
how installing and correctly operating technology that centrally
operates heating, ventilation, cooling and lighting can reduce
- Incorporating an intelligent, computer-based energy-management
- Ensuring control systems are set correctly for different
weather conditions and occupancy levels.
- Installing variable-speed drives to ensure pumps and fans only
operate at the speeds necessary to meet demand.
The following publications are available for free download: