Publication date: 30/03/2011
The Carbon Trust has been helping leading organisations achieve
sustainable business value for over 10 years. We have worked in
every major sector, so wherever you are in your journey and
whatever your strategy, we are best placed to help.
By 2015 the global market for green goods and services is set to
grow to over $5 trillion. It's an opportunity that cannot be
ignored so let us help you maximise your share.
Key green growth facts
- The green economy is valued as being worth at least £112
billion in the UK - 5-10% of GDP and £3.2 trillion worldwide.
- The Government estimates that the green economy currently
accounts for over 900,000 jobs in the UK - around 3% of all
- It also currently accounts for £10.8 billion of exports -
c. 5% of all exports
The Carbon Trust analysed the views of over 700 senior business
decision makers about the impact of green growth on their business
and the economy.
Key findings were:
- 92% of UK business leaders think that green growth presents an
opportunity for their own business
- a third of businesses are already investing in the research and
development of green products and services
- 34% believe that of all the nations, Germany is best prepared
to benefit from green growth, whereas the UK is lagging far behind
- with only one in eight citing the UK as the most prepared
- only 9% of business leaders think it is unlikely that their
companies will seek to benefit from green growth
Our guide to green growth for business illustrates how adopting a
green growth strategy can give your organisation a competitive
edge, and how through implementing new, greener
practices in your business you can reduce costs and improve your
Download the guide:
Green your business
for growth (CTG039)
Green growth - the big opportunity
Watch our 'Green growth - the big opportunity' video below to
learn more about how your business can benefit.